Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentines, Guacamole, and Philosophy

Even though Valentine's Day was on Monday, the girls at my school had our Valentine's party on tuesday.
It was a very fun affair with lots of food and decorations. We had a great devotional led by Jenny and it was also pretty nice just to celebrate the holiday in general. The girls' RAs gave us all a red "rose" made out of feathers and we basically just talked, ate and took pictures the rest of the night. Here are just a few pictures:


Notice all the red and pink. Also, the roses in our hands.
Then, on Wednesday, I got my new phone in the mail. My family just signed up for another 2-yr. contract, so we all got new phones. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this phone, because it wasn't the one I had chosen, but now that I have it I really like it. Although, as a side note, it definitly is an older person's phone. When I looked it up on the internet, all of the pictures of it were shown with a much older lady holding it. It also comes with features such as an "easy mode", a pedometer, and a pill reminder. You also have the option to have medium, large, or very large type. Notice that small is not an option.
Luckily, my phone also comes with an advanced mode which makes me feel much more my age.
After getting my phone in the mail, I was off to church to make dinner. We had mexican chicken with a salad and guacamole and chips with cookies for dessert. It took me the entire prep time to sort through the avacados and make my guacamole recipe while the other girls worked on the other parts of the meal, but it still turned out very good and on time.

My Thursday, Friday and Saturday were quite uneventful as they were filled with studying for my Prophecy final and doing the heavy pre-reading required for this week's Philosophy class. I most likely won't be doing much of anything except studying this week as Philosophy is reported as being one of the hardest classes we will take all year. However, after this week is done, my spring break starts and I will be having loads of fun in Colorado with several of my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment